It’s no surprise that community education plays a vital role in local communities. The two are inherently linked. The most effective community education programs, however, share a number of important characteristics:
- They’re affordable. Local community members are able to enroll.
- They’re community-focused. Teachers, students, and course materials are relevant to the local community.
- They’re instructive. Programs provides an opportunity for community members to share their skills.
- They’re inclusive. Community programming encourages family-based activities and learning.
- They build community spirit and foster connections across community members.